M Sereno (Likhain) is a queer Filipina who lives in Australia and dreams (always, always, always, because sleep is truer than waking) in the Philippines. She is an artist and writer who likes dabbling and getting into too many fields for her own good. One would think after twenty-odd years she would have learned better, and yet. And yet.
She lives in regional Victoria with her beloved partner and two ridiculous pomeranians + a princess cat, who so far have avoided showing up in her writing for all that their fluff gets everywhere else (the pommas and cat, not her partner).
“I thought your first letter might be spam but with the second I figured you must be a real person. I’m missing context but I thought the poem was quite interesting.”
-a stranger to whom M sent a poem draft in error
- Only revolutions, flash fiction/prose poetry/IDEK, July 2016 in An Alphabet of Embers
- Brown woman at Safety Beach, Victoria, in June, poetry, May 2016 in Uncanny Magazine
- To the weaver, from the woman who slew Bakunawa, poetry, January 2016 in Stone Telling 13 | 2016 Rhysling nominee
- The exile, athirst, poetry, December 2015 in inkscrawl #9
- Adarna, poetry, December 2015 in Strange Horizons | 2015 Rhysling nominee; third place in 2015 Strange Horizons Readers Poll for poetry
- The Eaters, poetry, March 2015 in Uncanny Magazine
- Juli, poetry, March 2015 in Through the Gate
- Manananggal, poetry, December 2014 in Goblin Fruit
- Ahas, tala, poetry, November 2014 in Interfictions
- The Exile, i., poetry, November 2014 in Stone Telling 11
- Seeds, poetry, October 2014 in Strange Horizons | Third place in 2014 Strange Horizons Readers Poll for poetry